Service Porters & Service Writers
We are currently looking for Service Lot Porters and Service Writers
PORTERS -JOB DUTIES
- Maintaining the standard and quality of service of the organization.
- Comparing serial numbers of incoming cars against invoices.
- Inspecting cars thoroughly to detect damage and recording description of damages/missing items on delivery receipt.
- Verifying presence of accessories listed on the invoice, such as spare tires, charge cables and NAV cards.
- Parking new cars in the assigned area while maximizing the use of space and maintaining the dealership lot.
- Cleaning, waxing, polishing and refurbishing old and new vehicles.
- Using necessary equipment for cleaning and servicing of auto parts.
- Understanding and delivering to the specific requirements of the customers.
- Maintaining the proper function of all service tools and equipment.
- Coordinating work with team members and management.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned by supervising manager.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: While no experience is necessary, an ideal candidate will be dependable, professional, and have a positive, can-do attitude. Other requirements include:
- 18 years of age or older.
- General familiarity with a variety of automobiles.
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Pre-employment background check and drug test.
- Maintain Customer Service Index (CSI) rating as set by dealership service manager
- Responsible for the entire customer service experience from the service drive until vehicle is turned back over to the customer
- Schedule appointments and generate estimates
- Advise customers on the care of their vehicles and the value of maintenance in accordance with the manufacturer’s specifications
- Effectively communicate to the customer the timeline of repair and maintenance
- Follow up with progress calls and/or emails to customers regarding any changes in the estimate or pick up time
- Document repair and maintenance changes on repair order in the approved manner
- Resolve customer complaints and questions
- Establish and maintain strong positive working relationships and loyalty with customers to encourage repeat and referral business allowing for long-term clientele
- Minimum high school diploma or GED equivalent required
- At least six months to one year automotive industry or related experience and/or training
- Broad knowledge of new vehicle technologies
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to be analytical and multi-task
- Ability to work with little supervision
- Self-motivated enthusiastic presence in a team environment
- Strong written and communication skills
- Consistent and stable work history
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Professional appearance and work ethic
*female friendly dealer :)